Tamkeen operates under the umbrella of the
Knowledge and Human Development Authority in Dubai. Tamkeen
provides services for people with visual impairments and
offers training programs aimed at upgrading their applied
skills to enable them to have access to suitable employment
consistent with their abilities.
To provide training and
vocational rehabilitation for people with visual impairments,
and to develop their skills and expertise to enable effective
integration into various work environments.
To assist individuals with
visual impairments to become independent and integrate into
society by strengthening the skills and abilities that enable
them to overcome difficulties and obstacles.
- To train and rehabilitate individuals with visual
impairments and provide them with the practical skills
necessary to secure suitable employment.
- To assist individuals with visual impairments in finding
suitable employment in both public and private sectors.
- To provide continued professional development for
individuals with visual impairments to ensure career
- To coordinate and cooperate with various institutions in
order to provide the best facilities and services for
individuals with visual impairments.
- To provide guidance, training and advice to institutions
so that they may provide the ideal services and the right
environment for individuals with visual impairments.
- To raise public awareness about individuals with visual
- To activate the integration of individuals with visual
impairments into society and remove obstacles that prevent
- To cooperate with institutions, authorities and centers
working in the field of disabilities with the aim of
providing better services for individuals with visual
impairments; to work on developing these services in line
with the requirements of these individuals.
Categories Benefiting from Tamkeen
Tamkeen provides services to two main
- Individuals with visual impairments: This is the main
category targeted by the center and its core services.
- Those dealing with individuals with visual impairments:
This includes teachers, supervisors, psychologists and
social workers; Tamkeen focuses on providing these
individuals with appropriate training programs across a wide
range of workshops based on the latest techniques.
Tamkeen’s message also focuses on raising public awareness
about individuals with visual impairments and creating the
right environment to facilitate their involvement in their